dr. I.G. Sprinkhuizen-Kuyper: Research
See also my publications and
the WEIRD page.
Techniques and algorithms:
- Artificial intelligence, especially
- Machine learning and
- Neural networks,
- Evolutionary algorithms,
- Version spaces,
- Support Vector Machines, and
- Other machine learning algorithms, preferentially inspired by nature.
Both theoretical background and practical applicability have my full attention.
Universiteit Maastricht (IKAT):
- Robots, mainly in simulation, but also real ones,
- Multi-agent systems, swarms,
Universiteit Leiden (LIACS):
- Reliable classifications
- Knowledge discovery in databases (Datamining):
My former collegue
and I were the specialists within
IKAT (UM) on the domain of datamining.
Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica (CWI):
- Artificial intelligence (NN and EA)
- Software engineering
- Formal specifications (Z, Lotos)
- Modeling systems in PARADIGM
- Special functions and group theory
- Nonlinear analysis
Daniel Tauritz succesfully defended his PhD thesis on June 25th 2002:
Daniel R. Tauritz (2002) Adaptive Information Filtering: concepts and algorithms, PhD thesis, Universiteit Leiden, ISBN 90-9015926-6, IPA Dissertation Series 2002-10.
Promotor: Prof. dr. J.N. Kok; Co-promotor: Dr. I.G. Sprinkhuizen-Kuyper.