- Use the debian repository deb http://download.sr-support.com/x64 /, Instruction and install eyelink.
- Copy pylink folder to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
- Make a manual network connection to the ip-address that the eyelink uses for 'others' (not for camera). This is usually 188.8.131.52 or 10.0.0.1. Set up routes if you want to keep your old connection as well.
The eyelink can only connect to the host computer if the host computer's hostname is present in in the hosts file or is given some other way.
sudo sh -c "printf '184.108.40.206\t'`hostname`'\n' >> /etc/hosts"
if an error like this occurs:
displayAPI: w32_link.c 513 gethostbyname failed - error 0 1 displayAPI: The specified host is unknown. displayAPI: w32_link.c 563 failed to get our address Cannot initialize link: Check network and TCP/IP setupTraceback (most recent call last): File "/media/experiment/4928-F869/qeyelink.py", line 209, in
tracker = pylink.EyeLink("220.127.116.11") RuntimeError: eyelink_core initialization failed
Starting with Ubuntu Xenial (16.04) if eyelink-display-software1.9 refuses to install in synaptic with error 'Fix broken packages first.':
- install all packages except eyelink display software
- sudo ln -s libSDL_gfx.so.15.9.1 libSDL_gfx.so.13